The UK Shale Gas Summit 2016 (formerly E-SGOS) is a two-day planning and strategy event for the UK onshore oil and gas industry. The summit will address the role for shale gas in the new energy infrastructure and consider the latest developments, strategies and opportunities within UK unconventional exploration & production.
The summit will bring together national & local government, investors, contractors, operators and new entrants from the 14th onshore licensing round with service and solution providers. This year’s conference will examine key developments across policy, planning, strategy, public engagement and environmental impacts, with a focus upon moving from initial exploration to exploratory drilling.
Specific attention will be afforded to discussion of government strategy moving forward, the status of the planning system, the path to exploratory drilling, supporting the future supply chain, tiers of public engagement, baseline monitoring, health & safety regulation and achieving commercial-scale shale gas extraction. Workshops considering strategies for optimizing the shale process, reducing operational costs and the latest technological developments will run alongside the conference.
A break-out exhibition showcasing the latest products and services from across the shale gas industry will also take place over the course of the two days.
The UK Shale Gas Summit is delighted to be hosting the event with sponsors Schlumberger, Tesla Exploration and Rain for Rent International UK.
Speakers will include:
- Bryan Payne, Head of Energy Productivity Team, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Professor Michael Bradshaw, Professor Global Energy, Warwick Business School
- Professor Mike Stephenson, Chief Scientist, British Geological Survey
- Tim Gibbs, Divisional Manager Policy and Development Services, Halton Borough Council
- Chris Hughes, Commercial Director, Nutech Energy Alliance
- Dr Neil Thorpe, Lecturer in Transport Studies, Newcastle University
- Jason Nisse, Partner, Newgate Communications
- Tim Gregory, Corporate Director, Place, Nottinghamshire County Council
- Tony Almond, Oil & Gas Policy, Health and Safety Executive
- More speakers to follow.
For more information, visit the event website www.esgos.eu or contact the team on +44 (0) 151 230 2105
For Production and Marketing Enquiries: email@example.com
For Conference & Sponsorship Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org