The Ben Franklin Shale Gas Innovation and Commercialization Center (http://www.sgicc.org) announced today they will offer a total of $100,000 in cash prizes to the four best shale energy-oriented innovations, new product ideas, or service concepts currently being developed or recently launched. A simple online application can be found at http://www.sgicc.org/shale-gas-innovation-contest.html.
In addition to the cash prizes, successful applicants will gain exposure to investors, potential partners, and industry sponsors. This year’s Shale Gas Innovation Contest is co-sponsored by:
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners (http://www.benfranklin.org),
- AquaTech (www.aquatech.com),
- Chevron Technology Ventures (http://www.chevron.com/ctv/ctvi/),
- CONSOL Energy (www.consolenergy.com),
- First National Bank (www.fnb-online.com ),
- GE Oil & Gas (http://www.ge-energy.com),
- INABATA America Corporation (http://us.inabata.com/),
- Little Pine Resources (http://littlepineresources.com),
- the Marcellus Shale Coalition (http://marcelluscoalition.org),
- PPG Industries (http://corporate.ppg.com/),
- Praxair (www.praxair.com),
- Range Resources (http://www.rangeresources.com/),
- Shell (http://www.shell.com/),
- Steptoe & Johnson PLLC (http://www.steptoe-johnson.com/ ),
- Williams (www.williamsinthenortheast.com), and
- XTO Energy (http://www.xtoenergy.com/).
Bill Hall, Director of the SGICC noted, “We continue to be amazed by the rapid pace of innovation adoption across the shale energy play. Entrepreneurs, as well as many small businesses, are playing a significant role by developing new technologies or offering existing products or services that could be used in various aspects of the shale energy play. Any idea or already commercialized product or service related to the shale energy space is eligible. The finalists will be chosen by a panel of industry experts.”
To download an application, visit www.sgicc.org and click on the $100,000 Shale Gas Innovation Contest tab. The deadline to enter is February 1, 2015. For details regarding eligibility or other questions, contact Bill Hall at either 814-933-8203 or email@example.com.
Article continues below this message
Have your opinion heard with Shale Gas International
We accept interesting, well-written opinion and analysis articles of up to 1,500 words, that offer unique insights into the shale industry. The articles cannot be overtly promotional in nature and need to fit into at least one of our content categories.
If accepted, the article must be exclusive to Shale Gas International website and cannot appear on any other websites, publications, etc. Each article may contain up to three links to external websites relevant to the content discussed in the piece.
If you would like to contribute to Shale Gas International website, please contact us at: editor[at]mw-ep.com